Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, January 1

Thanksmas

I think I had a dream about posting on my blog, because I vaguely remember thinking “I should remember this for my blog,” and it was something fantastic. But then when I think back over what’s happened to me the past …um, ages…and I don’t find anything noteworthy. It must have been a really fantastic and hilarious dream.

Today’s Exploit:

Shortly after my last post I got to go home to see my family and spend a week in a place that is actually cold. I got to play in the snow, and see friends, and beat my dad up while wearing ice skates (He said “Roller Derby rules”, which apparently means “no rules” so it was his own fault).

This was my favorite sweatshirt ever, it is currently mouldering in
some dank corner at a rig where I accidentally left it in the dryer.
I didn’t push my sister into a drift; she did that all on her own.

I also got to see behind the scenes at a ski area, albeit a VERY small one.

I made smoked salmon pâté and listened to crazy stories and walked around outside with shorts and no shoes.

I reveled in the fact that I actually got cold. I spent most of the week in long underwear and snowpants that were 3.2 sizes to big making them “boarder pants” I even snowboarded.

And we had Thanksmas. Since I can’t ask for holidays off we made our own. Pretty soon we’ll have one for every month. (We started with Pickle-Cake Day: 14 May. It is celebrated by taking adventurous trips with your sister.)

Thanksmas is mostly like Christmas but it doesn’t have an exact date, like Thanksgiving. The only requirement is that it takes place between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In other words it was lots of fun, and I really miss the snow. Does anyone want to take my place in Texas and Oklahoma for a while?

PS Happy New Year, and all that Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative