Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, January 27

I'm the Favorite

What, so I'm a mess
I wear my faults on my sleeve and my heart stays locked in my chest
So, you say I'm a wreck

-Megan McCormick

Today’s Exploit:

My mind is very disorganized today. (Word thinks my mind is “much” disorganized.) I have 42 new favorite songs. At the moment the song playing is “Dancing with Myself”. I’m also currently obsessed with songs that have “honey” in the title. I’m not entirely sure why, considering I don’t very often like honey itself. 

Except on cornbread.  I made some cornbread this morning.  It was my first time with this oven.  It cooks a little hot.  So the edges were just the way dad likes them.  Except dad isn't here to eat the edges.  I guess that means scraping out the middle for Johnnycakes.  Ok, so it's not black, just a bit darker than usual.

I got an email from James, an MWD from a few jobs ago.

Jimmy was asking about you. He wants to know when you are going to get here?

Jimmy is the company man that told me he’d shoot me if I ran after dark because the previous location had lots of snakes. He told me he preferred me to James because I found a “marker” in the log that the geologist was looking for about 3 hours before James missed one. It was entirely luck that I “caught” it, and I really don’t know anything about logs, but Jimmy decided that I was probably a geologist in another life.

The clerk that was here last week called me “Baby doll”. Strangely I’m more comfortable with that than being called “Ma’am”. I still detest being called “Ma’am”. In my opinion I’m still a kid, I sit at the kid’s table at holidays; therefore I am not old enough to be a Ma’am. In Cupcake’s words: “I’m just a lil’ tyke.”

The first company man is back. He’s the self proclaimed Dirty Old Man. Yesterday we were having a hard time getting a good signal from our tool, after my shift ended. After 3 attempts at a survey they decided that they should tell the company man.

Adan: I guess we should tell the company man, who has a good rapport with him?

Ken: (shakes his head) Oh! PJ!

Adan: You can talk to him?

Me: Yeah, I think he’s funny.

Ken: It’s ok when they like you.

Me: Ok, I’ll go let him know.

After I told Herb about the problems and we talked about solutions I told him about them sending me.

Me: They’re all afraid of you!

Herb: I’ve been told that before, I really don’t know why!

Me: Hahaha! I think it’s really funny they have to send the most timid person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative