Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, January 9

Along the Riverwalk

I am currently sharing a trailer with 6 men. Gross.

Today’s Exploit:

I had some days off between two jobs so I decided to be brave and explore. First I spent a day and a night in San Antonio. I explored the Alamo, and walked along the Riverwalk. It had potential.

At the moment they are cleaning the river, clearing out some of the sediment. So the riverbed has about a foot of murky water in the bottom, and lots of caution tape. But no guard rails. Therefore my conclusion is that they think people will walk into open space before they will walk into water.

Also it was overcast and misty most of the day making the sidewalk very slippery. Especially for me in my cowboy boots.

I was walking a long minding my own business when I slipped. And I happened to be right behind the only other person within 100.62 feet. He was terrified that I was going to knock him in since he was standing right at the edge of the sidewalk. Luckily, for both of us, that section of sidewalk was particularly wide and I had a large buffer zone.

Later, when I was eating dinner, I was sitting near some guys. So they started to talk to me. They work in the oil field also. One of them tried to pick me up. He was very offended when I wouldn’t let him walk me home. And he didn’t seem to notice that I moved away every time he attempted to touch me.

Boys are dense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative