Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, January 12

Arguing with Inanimate Objects

I am magic. See that little icon? That one up there, next to the web address? I did that! I also followed some instructions from this girl, but still, I’m magic.

Today’s Exploit:

Everyone likes a good fight now and then, right? I know I do. But I’m terrible at fighting with people, I always get tongue-tied and have to storm off to make up for it. Also I don’t get angry at people very often.

Electronics, on the other hand…

I mostly fight with my computer. It makes me angry all the time. It is slow and freezes at the most inconvenient moments. Sometimes it decides to not open one program, just one. It allows all the others to work normally.

So I yell at it. And I threaten it and growl at it. I’ve gotten so used to yelling and talking to it alone in my box that now I’ll do it when I have company.

They find it very entertaining.

I get a lot of comments about the computer answering, or asking if yelling and threatening helps.

Yes, yes it does. It helps me. Because if I yell at it I will be far less likely to throw it across the room, and then go stomp on it.

My computer is the worst.

Sometimes I fight with my GPS as well. His name is Timmy. He usually doesn’t make me want to throw him, unless he tells me to turn 0.2 miles before I have to be 4 lanes away at rush hour.

Usually we just argue about me taking shortcuts. He doesn’t like that. He repeatedly tells me, “Turn around when possible.” (I like to pretend that this is an in-depth conversation on good routes to take.)

Like the time I drove over the mountains because I know the way, instead of going all the way around and taking FOREVER. I was 30.2 miles from my destination before he decided that I didn’t need to turn around.

Or going through Dallas because traffic in Fort Worth is always terrible. But he thinks I should go that way because it’s .37 miles shorter.

But mostly we bicker good naturedly. (Naturedly is a very funny looking word. I’m rather surprised that it actually is a word. Also, word thinks I should bicker well naturedly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative