Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, December 10

Venison and Mountains

I get to go home soon. To see the snow! And ski! I will have to make 17 snow angels as well. And probably push my sister into a drift.


Today’s Exploit:

Today I ventured up to the rig floor to harass the roughnecks. We talked about growing up in small towns and how horrible the drive from Oklahoma City is. We also talked about my pink boots. They didn’t believe that they have steel toes.

Then we talked about hunting and how to cook deer. I have been informed that I will be eating venison fried in the East Texas tradition. Fried.

This sparked an argument between two of the guys about geography and where the boundary line for East Texas lies.

They bickered about this for 2.1 hours before moving on to argue about whether the Rocky Mountains extend into Texas. They had me rolling on the floor laughing with some of their claims.

Kevin: The Rocky Mountains go into Texas, don’t they?

Melvin: No, West Texas is flat.

Kevin: Really, I think they do.

They had to look it up on Google Maps to end the quarrel.

Kevin: So, where are the Rocky Mountains?

Melvin: Colorado.

Kevin: And?

Melvin: New Mexico.

Kevin: And?

Melvin: Nevada.

Kevin: And Texas!

Melvin: It’s only a little tiny bump.

Kevin: It’s still mountains.

Melvin: (Looks at phone) Oh, I just got an update; the little bit fell off and rolled west. So there aren’t mountains in Texas any more.

1 comment:

Google Analytics Alternative