Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, January 30

Retired Princess Seeks Employment

As always, when I find a new blog that I like, I am reading it ceaselessly. I have also discovered my new favoritest most awsomestest fairy tale. It’s probably one for the ages.

I’ll smile and nod knowingly when I see it in collections alongside “Cinderella”, and “Beauty and the Beast”, and “The Little Matchstick Girl”.

Today’s Exploit:

Shortly after my histrionics over Brutus the rig floor computer, when all was running smoothly, I retired from my stint as Princess of the Oilfield. I think I’d rather be an Ugly Step-Sister. The one who goes on to become famous for her magnificent secret recipe/super addicting cookie-confections (who cares what the cook looks like, the prettier/socially adept ugly step-sister gets to be the waitress).

Being imperious takes too much self discipline. I have almost none.

Also I decided that the 3.62 inches of powdery dust on the floor was aggravating enough that I had to sweep. I was tired of having to lift my throne any time I wanted to adjust my royal view.

Sweeping is a very large ordeal in my micro-box. The dust is always very fine, and given to pouffing in one’s face and taking 3.8 hours to settle. The bit that doesn’t pouf is cemented to the floor due to the “traction” grooves (whose only purpose in life is to make rolling office chairs/princess thrones more difficult).

Anyway, I ended up with a 2.7 ton pile of dust, with another 4.2 tons hanging in the air. And being scatter-brained and overly ambitious I KICKED it out the door, right into a nice stiff breeze.

Cue choking and crying, stumbling out into some relatively fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative