Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, January 3

A Ski Trip

EFFING COLD TODAY!! Well, and yesterday, but today was super windy. In the negatives. Just so you know I’m not exaggerating.
-Cupcake, talking about her job

Today’s Exploit:

The first day of my holiday I went downhill skiing with my dad. I was very excited because I haven’t been skiing in, like, 7 years. At least that’s the way it feels living in a place that is hot and muggy 11.63 months of the year. That last little smidgen of time is almost tolerable, and I get to laugh at all the people who require insulated coveralls and down jackets in 60*F weather.

But I digress.

We went skiing and I got to see the office, and the locker room for the lifties, and buy goggles (My sister calls them gogs, that must be what the hardcore people call them. Not that my sister is hardcore, I recall a time, like, 7 years ago when she told me she was never going to ski again, but my adventures with her are for another time.)

I got all geared up in a borrowed wind jacket, and some stolen snow pants (calm down, we only stole them from my sister), and rented skis and boots. And my dad wore cross country skinny skis that are probably older than me, and most certainly older than my sister.

It was fantastic. I could keep up with him since he is too old fashioned to try SHAPED skis.

On a side note, while we were waiting in line for the lift, my sister attacked us.  And then she told me that she wanted to ski with me the next day.  And we almost fell over in shock. 
But really, it was amazing, because I went down the scary moguls just fine, AND HE FELL! Sadly I didn’t get to see it because he made me go first.

I think he knew it was going to happen. I should try to be more in tune to these things because it would have been way more exciting and fun and fantastic if I had seen him fall, and gotten to laugh at him.

But the adventure continues, because I got to see part of the safety meeting. And I got to see the shop or the garage or whatever with its 17 groomers, only 1 of which works.

And then we went home and my mom made Chicken with capers, and it was fantastic.

2 comments:

Google Analytics Alternative