Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, January 25

Night Fright

Trivia:

In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.

Today’s Exploit:

The other night I woke panicked. I was sure I had slept through my alarm. Since I’ve been getting up at 3:30 am I’ve been going to bed around 8:00 pm. When I checked my watch it said 9:13. I was sure it was 9:13 am and I had overslept my alarm by nearly 6 hours.

I jumped out of bed wondering why Ken hadn’t gotten me up. I checked my phone. It said 9:15 pm. The PM didn’t register. I was sure that my phone was going crazy, that it broke overnight. Especially since I hadn’t heard the alarm.

I went to the door to look at the rig, to see if I could tell what was happening. I really hoped that something broke down and I didn’t miss anything, or make Ken do lots of work while I was lolling in bed.

It was dark out. Night dark.

Gradually it sank in that it really was 9:17 pm. I didn’t oversleep; in fact, I had only slept for 1.18 hours.

I got back in bed and stared at the ceiling while I tried to slow my heart rate enough to get back to sleep.

I woke 8.2 more times between 10 and 3:15 am (but it felt like 82), and then I gave up and made some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative