Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, January 29

Stair Master: Princess Edition

Some trees bear strange fruit and in this instance the tree would be my parents & I would be the damaged produce.

-Dufmanno’s Blog

This lady has a way with words. Very vivid. And quite funny.

Today’s Exploit:

This morning I woke to clanging pipes.

Clanging pipes means that I have to actually get off my throne and do real, physical, labor. At least for 37.2 minutes.

Being scatter-brained and overly-ambitious means that I ran up and down the stairs 42 times in the allotted 37.2 minutes.

When the hard, hard physical part of today’s work was finished I sat down on my royal throne and got to work fighting with the 17.8 computers. They mostly cooperated and it only took me 4 hours and 28 minutes to get everything working again. This was OK because it takes 3 hours to clean the rig floor and then another 6.2 to clang all that pipe back into the ground.

Then I realized that I had one more computer to whip into shape. The one on the rig floor.

So I went up to press the requisite buttons and jump up and down in rage 2 times.

This computer did not want to cooperate. It laughed at me and said, “Tough cookies, Princess. No more Mr. Nice-guy act from me.”

I ended up taking the stairs 138 times, stomping in rage 48 times and complaining to 7 roughnecks about the horrors of my job. Naturally they all humor me and act sympathetic and smile and nod, but roll their eyes and laugh about how easy I have it as soon as I’m 3 steps away or ask their friend what the heck I just said.

But now that Brutus, the rig floor computer, is finally working and the roughnecks made sure that I ate their barbecue (I got 3 phone calls and 2 in-person invitations) until I exploded I am back on my throne. And ruling these computers with a 10 pound sledge hammer. The computers are terrified, and actually working.

We’ll see how long I can keep them in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative