Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, January 15

There's a Hair in my Soup

Everything in the oilfield is on some sort of delay. If you’re told it will happen at 4:00 pm it will be 8:30 pm, if not later. Probably it won’t happen until tomorrow at 11:46 am. But possibly it will be next Thursday at 5:22 am.

Today’s Exploit:

The other night I made soup, Tortilla Soup. It was amazing and delicious and I might have to go have some more right this instant. (I am amazed by this, even being tempered by the following incident.)

It happened to work out that I still had a huge pot, even after I divided the original recipe in half, so I offered it to the people I am staying with. The first guy took some and sat on the couch to eat. He had about 3 bites before he found a hair.

Justin: Oh, a PJ hair.

Me: Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry!

Justin: It’s ok, it adds flavor.

Me: … I’m sorry, that’s really gross.

He didn’t seem to be very bothered by it.

I, on the other hand, was completely disgusted and mortified. I’m pretty sure that is not sanitary. Also, hair is gross. I can’t stand having it in the bathroom, but almost eating it didn’t seem to bother these guys.

Justin continued eating the soup, then Dimitris and Noah went and got some, even after the gross hair. I almost threw the rest out, but decided that it was only my hair. If it had been anyone else’s I’d definitely have tossed it out the back, and probably been sick myself.

Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative