Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, January 23

Playing God

Today’s Joke:
Q. What did one strawberry say to the other?
A. "If you weren't so fresh last night, we wouldn't be in this jam together!"

Read more

Today’s Exploit:

The directional driller, Ricky, and one of the drillers, Hector, have decided to randomly tell me comments that the roughnecks have made about me.

I suspect that these comments occur more often than they let on, and are usually a bit raunchier, so I’m glad they only tell me the funny/cheesy ones. It means that I can just laugh at the guys, rather than be freaked out by them.

I got this on last week, just before our 3 day break (meaning that I drove 2 days to be home for 1).

Hector: My pit man just called and asked if he could come up [to the rig floor]. He saw you walking around behind the draw works. He said he was seeing angels.

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Cheesy!

Hector: That’s what he said.

All I can do is shake my head and laugh.

Ricky came to tell me about this one the other afternoon.

“We’ve decided (the whole crew) to go have dinner in Tilden Monday night. The derrick man says he’ll ‘only go if the girl goes. If she doesn’t go, I don’t go.’”

I didn’t realize I had so much pull around here. I get to decide if people have fun or not.  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative