Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, January 13

Thermostat Wars

I learned today that Florida is the only state that hasn’t gotten snow this year. I don’t know if it’s true, I didn’t look it up or check the news. But I think I believe it.

Today’s Exploit:

My topic of the day is the thermostat.

It is my nemesis. It allows the other people staying in the trailer to turn on the heater. Most of these people are from the south. Therefore much misery ensues, but only for me.

At night I usually turn the thermostat down to 67 or 68 degrees Fahrenheit. I think this is reasonable. Still warm enough to survive, but cool enough that I might be able to sleep some.

Last night I woke up thinking I was suffocating it was so hot. I’d thrown all my blankets off (one even hit the floor which means I have to wash it before I let it touch the bed again).

I got up and drank 2.8 glasses of water and checked the thermostat. It was on 78. And the guy who uses the trailer as his office was not inside. He turned the temperature up and left.

I was not happy.

But I decided to be nice and leave it. Only because I have a window A/C in my room.

I put a duffel over one vent, and a comforter over the other and in front of the door and turned that baby on full blast. I had to stand in the doorway leading outside while the unit got to churning out cold air.

It was amazing. I was able to breathe. And sleep.

The A/C is my bestest friend ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative