Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, June 1

Supermaaan! Whoops, Supertuurrrrtttllleeee!

I just finished week 7.  Wahoo.  
While I was dancing one of the guys asked me what I do.  
Me:  I work on oil rigs
Him:  I thought you looked like you had strong shoulders.
Actually it’s the P90x, but thank you.
Today’s Exploit:
At the zoo, our almost-very-last stop was to see the tortoises.  I am amazed at tortoises.  They’re so huge.  And lumbering, and huge and green.
Also, the flamingos were in the same enclosure, quacking at us.
But this turtle.  He knew how to live right.  He ignored the others drawing attention in the corner, and the ones curled up together by the fence.  



He was superman.  Tanning, no flying.  Yeah.  It must have been a pretty amazing dream.
A kindred spirit for Cupcake.  She did that a lot while she visited me.  I cooked while she baked herself to a crisp.



But I sometimes sleep like this, too.  When I forget to turn the AC down, or when I’m at the rig where the AC is turned to full-blast-freeze-your-toes-off during the day and to bake-at-350 at night.  Seems counterintuitive to me.  It also means that I don’t sleep much.  And the sleep I get is spent like this, with weird dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative