Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 24

I Don’t Think They Believe Me

Patrick doesn’t believe that I have a hard time making friends on rigs.  
He also thinks I’m normal.
Today’s Exploit:
When I went to the office I told my manager that I want to move to the Rockies.  
He was telling me how horrible Houston is.  The traffic’s terrible, the sprawl is terrible, the heat is terrible, the humidity, the drought, the hurricanes...
I told him that I agreed with him, and that I want to move to Colorado; I miss the mountains, and winter.  And temperatures below 576 degrees.
He chuckled and told me that I’d have to work mostly in North Dakota, where it’s always cold.  
I admitted that the cold might not be fun.  Somehow I think he took that to mean I’d changed my mind.  
Not so.  I’d rather suffer through the cold than suffer through the heat.  Maybe he’ll start to believe me if I tell him again.  
I might have to start calling him occasionally, just to tell him that I want to transfer.  Maybe he’ll let me move if I’m obnoxious enough.
One of the roughnecks told me the other day that you can’t put on enough clothes to stay warm in the north.  But you can take off enough to stay cool in the south.  
I disagree with his logic.  But then I haven’t worn a real coat since I started working here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative