Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, June 8

Now We Are Thirteen

I woke up early today.  Then I decided that I’m going to procrastinate and do my workout this evening. 
Naturally I can’t go back to sleep.
Today’s Exploit:
Yesterday morning I got to sleep in, and putter around doing a lot of nothing.  We’re still on casing break; therefore my entire day consists of being lazy, baking and/or harassing the roughnecks.  
When I finally got myself moving and went to the rig I was greeted with a series of guys asking me if I’d gotten a note.  
I had no idea what they were talking about.  
After asking a few more times to make sure that I really didn’t know what was going on they told me the story.
The night before the cement crew had been out to cement some casing into the well.  Cement crews are like a hive of ants, swarming all over the place and building their nest (or in this case, lines to spew cement into the well from their delightful trucks).  
Apparently after my run one of these cement guys had been watching me as I talked to “my” roughnecks.  (I refer to them as mine because they are my friends.  Therefore no one else can have them.)  And when I went inside he approached “my” roughnecks to ask about me.  
They thought it was hilarious and immediately told me that “all those cement guys want to holla at you”.  
Thanks for making me self-conscious, guys.  Love ya.
At the end of the night this particular cement guy wrote a note to me (Aww, memories of 6th grade).  He told me that if I ever had “half a mind to call, here is my number.”  Then he asked one of “my” roughnecks to relay the message.  
Unfortunately, while everyone else on the rig read the note, I never saw it.  Chris believes that if you can’t ask for a number yourself, you don’t deserve to be called.  I guess he decided that I might call this guy, so I wasn’t allowed to have it.  
So now they all tease me about my fifth boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative