Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, June 13

Go Reach in that Dark, Damp Hole for a Smelly Rat

I’ve been reading Oh, Noa all day.  This is my favorite line so far:
8) Which is the most funny prank you’ve seen played?
A group of boys dressed as grandmas for Halloween, carrying a fake door frame around with them. Then when they knocked on doors, they complimented the home-owners on their costumes, gave them candy and closed the fake door.
Today’s Exploit:
I went for a walk yesterday.  And I had a nice post all planned out in my head.  It was a good one: clever, witty and funny.  Naturally it was gone by the time I got back to the trailer.  I think the dread of the dead-rat-smell chased it away.  
I made spaghetti with 3.2 extra cloves of garlic to cover that smell.  It worked for 6.15 hours.  
I also made a parmesan flat bread.  It was supposed to be breadsticks, but it got pouffy.
Side note:  Why is it that I have such a hard time keeping my heart rate under 170 when I run, but have an equally difficult time keeping it over 85 when I walk?  There’s no happy medium.
Back to the rat.
Randi saw it the other week so Mark brought out poison.  
Then nothing.  
After 2.1 weeks of the poison packets sitting untouched the rat attacked one of my apples, part of the poison packet in the kitchen and the entire packet in the bathroom.  
We hoped it crawled off in search of water, but no such luck.  It burrowed under the bathtub to die.  Rotting in a confined space to punish us for not letting it eat all our produce.   
When he first discovered it, Mark tried bargaining with me to get it out.  
Mark:  My arm’s to big to reach the rat, but yours would fit...
Me:  No.
Mark:  You didn’t even let me finish the request!
Me:  No.
Mark:  I’ll take surveys all day, and make your logs for you.
Me:  No.
Mark:  You drive a hard bargain.
He kept at it for the rest of the day before deciding it would be more productive to bring out some tools or call the trailer company.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative