Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, June 30

Root Beer Float Sundaes. Yum

I went and watched a movie with a friend from one of the rigs the other night.  I was silly and let him put his arm around me.
I think I may have gotten myself into trouble.
Today’s Exploit:
On my way to this rig I stopped in Austin.  
I had called my cousin, Brandi, and asked if she wanted to get dinner.  She agreed and I started on my way.  
The only problem was that I took too long.  By the time I got there it was after 10.  In the big cities restaurants stay open until 10, I didn’t know that until a few months ago.  Probably 2.7.  
So, anyway.  By the time I got there nothing was open, unless we were desperate enough for fast food.  
We were not.
So we went to the market and got some vanilla ice cream.  Because we are both rather boring and that’s our favorite.  
Then we stopped at the “toppings” shelf.  It was overwhelming.  
We both stared vacantly at the rack for 3.8 minutes.  
I think we were about to give up and just have plain vanilla ice cream when we saw it:  Root Beer Float Sauce.
Did you know they made such a thing?  
We took it back to her apartment and found some bowls and spoons.  I half poured, half scooped ice cream into bowls and then opened the sauce.  I squeezed the bottle to see what it smelled like.
It immediately made a farting sound and whooshed out air.  
I was holding the bottle a bit too close to my face, so I choked and sneezed.  
Brandi cracked up.
I probably turned red.  Because that’s what I do.
I decided that the best move now would be just to pour it over the ice cream.  So I did, and it was pretty good.  
And we laughed and talked and gobbled up the ice cream like crazy fiends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative