Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, June 14

Friday Night Fight Night, On Saturday

I went to town today, hoping to hang out in the little bookstore for a while.   
No such luck.  Today is the one day they are closed.
Today’s Exploit:
The other day I was talking to my two newest boyfriends.  (Don’t tell T.J.)  We talked about paintball, baking cakes, how long it takes to get to the rig from home, and fighting.
I don’t remember how the topic turned to fighting, but Luis likes to watch the televised fights.  He was telling me how he likes to go to Buffalo Bill Wild Wings.  He also asked me if I wanted to watch the next one.
I told him that I can’t stand to watch people get hit in the face.  It’s traumatic and I have sympathetic pains when I see it.  
Luis joked that people fight all the time, and I should be used to it by now.  
I immediately corrected him:  fighting is not the problem.  People getting hit in the mouth is the problem.  Doesn’t matter if it’s a fist, the road or a limp noodle.  
He immediately decided that I should go with him to the next fight night on Saturday.  I told him I’d think about it and practice covering my eyes.
Now every time he sees me he asks if I’m ready for Saturday.  
I’ve been practicing.  
I’m still not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative