Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, June 18

"Starla Was Really ‘Barassed', as Cupcake would say

I went to the store today for breakfast.  
I ended up with pasta, pasta sauce and pasta soup.
Today’s Exploit:
Did I tell you that my last rig was on the beach?  
It was.
The beach is a windy place.  
The rig is a dusty place.
The rig on the beach is a humid place.
By the time I left the rig Starla was covered in an inch of dust.
Ok, maybe not a whole inch.  
I could barely see out my door windows.  The only thing I could make out through the rearview was headlights late at night.  
I finally broke down and went to a gas station just to use their window washers.  And I dirtied all the soapy water they had getting that mud of the rear windshield.  Also, I got to where I could tell where Starla was by the dirt in the wind.  And the fact that she was the only car that was dirt colored.  
We got home last night.  
We spent most of the drive with people staring at us.  
At first I thought that I was just passing a larger amount of nosy people than usual.  
Then I remembered the color of my car.  I laughed a lot.  Starla blushed.
So, today, when I went to get some milk I decided that I should probably wash her.  Partly because I was getting filthy every time I tried to go somewhere.  And partly because Starla was very self-conscious with all that dust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative