Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 3

Myrtle Goes Home

I think I may be creating a sourdough starter soon.  The DD is really excited to have homemade sourdough bread.
Today’s Exploit:
Myrtle survived the ride back to my flat in Oklahoma City easily.  It was hot, but not enough to make her wilt.  And after being cut back, then plopped in the sun for a couple weeks she had turned into a nice healthy bush.  
Being in the sun she decided to grow out more than up, so she was pretty fat for a while.  She lived out on my porch, catching the sun and getting watered every day.  She was as happy as she could be.
Until the day I went on holiday
I situated her so that she was most protected from the wind, but could still catch the water from my upstairs neighbors when they watered their plants.  I though she would truck along like she had been while I was watching her.
I was sorely mistaken.  When I returned from Washington after a few days Myrtle was a skeleton.  
The soil was damp, but only a handful of leaves were still green.  
I cried 47 tears for her, then cut back all the withered leaves and stems.
I watered her every day and watched closely for improvements.  I think she hates the heat as much as I do. 
Or perhaps she was just depressed that I left her at home while I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative