Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 17

The Office Day

I think I get to be a big kid now and work days more than nights.  
Today’s Exploit:
I had to go into the office to make some logs.  I drove from the rig straight there.  My goal is to get everything done in as little time as possible.  Offices are depressing.  Although, this one was on the better end of that scale.
All my stuff was packed nice and snugly into Starla.  Myrtle was sitting in the passenger seat.  
Ok, she was sitting on the floor of the passenger side because it’s flatter there, and sitting in the seat mooshes her leaves.  
We had a nice 3.89 hour trip to Houston.  Then I packed up my computers and all the papers I collected while at the rig.  My pack ended up being about 48 pounds.  
Betty-Sue is one heavy computer.  And I had 3 tons of papers.  
I locked Starla, but I did a horrible thing.  
I forgot to leave the windows cracked to let Myrtle have some air. 
When I finished my logs and turned everything in I hauled Betty-Sue and all her support gear back to Starla.
Myrtle was dead.
I was sure.  Her leaves were dull and limp, and the stems were bent and lying against the pot.  
I hurried and started Starla and turned the AC on full blast.  This worked to my benefit as much as Myrtle’s, it was 972 degrees inside.
I talked to Myrtle a bit, coaxing her to perk up a bit.  She didn’t listen at first, so I just started driving.  After all, it was another 8.2 hour drive home.  
Luckily Myrtle wasn’t really dead.  She was bouncy as every by the time we got through rush hour traffic.  And nice and shiny, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative