Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, June 12

Tiptoeing Like a Heard of Elephants

My sourdough is not sour.  It’s good, and nice and fluffy but dense, but not sour.  And my dad is out riding his bike so I can’t pick his brain.
Today’s Exploit:
Yesterday I was walking around being nosy.  I talked to anyone who would stand still long enough for me to catch them.  I learned about putting calcium chloride in the mud so that we don’t get stuck, and moving pipe onto the catwalk. 
When I got tired of talking to people I wandered around looking at things.  These rigs always have something new, or different, or that I haven’t taken the time to contemplate before.  
I was looking at the agitators in the mud tanks when I came across Luis.  He was looking out across the electrical cables and the innards of the rig.  
He seemed to be very focused so I left him alone and squeezed around him to continue on my way.  Somehow I managed to time this trick so that he was looking to the right as I approached his left, and scanned to the left as I moved behind him.  I’m talented like that.  (The only reason he didn’t hear my clumsy, stomping, slipping approach was the noise of the shakers.  Those things are deafening.  And never turn off.)
I probably could have gotten to the next set of tanks before he noticed me, but I laughed.  I’m not used to not being noticed, it was rather novel.
I’m pretty sure I scared his socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative