Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, June 25

Muscles on Display

I did 4 crossword puzzles last night, I think that qualifies me to be in the nerd herd again.
Today’s Exploit:
Patrick asked me if I noticed that I got more muscles when I started this job.  He was rather shocked when I told him I lost my muscles, and that I started doing P90x to get them back.  
He told me about how hard he thinks it is to lift the tool.  When we were rigging up he was very worried about me putting up the satellite dish because it is the heavy part of the job.  Then he waited until I took a nap so that I could be up for my shift and got a roughneck to help him move the tool, sneaky boy.
Later, when we were on the rig floor, someone made a comment about having us work as roughnecks (half of their crew didn’t show up).  So I flexed and said, “Rawr”.  
They all laughed at me, naturally.
Then Patrick asked if he could see my muscles when I was rolling up my sleeves.  
I don’t know what came over me, but I flexed again.
Then he asked if he could touch them.  
Um, okay?
I laughed and was embarrassed, and then I tried to forget about it.
Tony came over to talk to us about picking up our tools, and 2.1 minutes into that conversation Patrick asks Tony, “Have you ever seen her muscles?  Have her show them to you!”
Cue red face and stutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative