Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, June 2

Walking Three Miles in New Sandals = Blisters

Yesterday someone stopped and asked me for directions while I was out running.  I was lucky they narrowed the options down to continuing on this road or going back to the last intersection.  
I have no idea where HWY 77 is.  Sheesh.
Today’s Exploit:
The other day was a casing break for me.  All I had to do was wait on the rig to finish installing casing, cementing and testing.  
So I went to Corpus Christi to explore a bit.  I found a pop-out shade for my window.  Betty-Boop.  I think Starla likes rocking the Betty-Boop look.  They even wear the same colors.  
I also walked along the bay.  They have a nice long path along the water.  I was tempted to join, but it was 11:30 am and 562 degrees.  And I only had sandals.
It was nice enough, with a Slurpee, that I walked for about 2.13 hours.  Naturally I ended up with a few splotches of sunburn where the sunscreen wasn’t up to the battle with the wind.  
By the time I got back to Starla, it was so hot I had to go find an ice cream shop.  And I had to sit outside to eat said ice cream.  Of course I ended up with half the ice cream in my hair and splattered across my face from it getting in my hair.  And dripping down my arm.
And that was my excitement for casing break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative