Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, June 19

I Was the Hero of the Day

I spent all day doing nothing.
I feel like I’m at work.  Although I had more friends at work.
Today’s Exploit:
On my drive home I was trucking right a long when I saw a small brown blur bounding down the hill along the interstate.  
As I got closer I could distinguish a dog bounding closer and closer to the road.  I told it not to get on the road, because people don’t watch where they’re going very well.  
When I passed it I saw that it was a puppy.  
I had to stop.
I got off the highway and went back until I was pretty sure I was where the puppy was.  
Then I saw the others.  
Five of them were playing near a bush.  
My stomach sunk.  I was sure that they were abandoned.  
I went over to them to see if they were ok.  All of them were fat and playful.  So they weren’t abandoned.  Whew.
Then I looked down the hill for the one that had gone by the main highway.  
Three of them were playing in a storm drain.  
I chased and teased six of them into the yard of the house that was nearby.  Then I went to the door to see if they belonged at the house.  
Three kids answered the door.  They were shocked that the puppies had gotten out, but they didn’t know how many there were.  
What kid doesn’t know how many puppies are living in their yard?  
So I went back to the road to check that all the puppies had been rescued.  And the kids went back inside.  
There was one more.  I caught it and took it to the yard where the little boy was rounding the others up so that they couldn’t escape again.  
I did my good deed for the day.  And I got to play with some puppies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative