Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, June 5

Building Showers Can Be Quite Entertaining

I’ve been invited to feed alligators by hand.  
I think I might have to decline.
Today’s Exploit:
We reached the desired depth for this section of the well, so yesterday I didn’t have much to do.  So I harassed the roughnecks for most of the day, in addition to making some bread.  
I went to the floor and bothered the driller for 87 minutes and the floor hands for 5.28 hours.  They kept trying to get me to do their work, but I stuck with supervising.  Supervising is way more fun, you get to boss people around without having to do any actual work.  
Then one of the rig hands was told to build a shower.  I was curious about this so I went to bother him.  Turns out it was a safety shower for hazardous chemicals.  One of those that you pull a tab and freezing water gushes out at 47 gallons per second.  In this case I suspect it might be hot water, considering the outside temperature.
I ended up telling him how to put each piece together because he couldn’t read the schematic.  Also, he spent half the time bolting it to the floor just to have to remove the bolts.  
I was quite entertained for all of 45 minutes.  
Then I got bored and went to bother someone else.  
I don’t know if he actually finished the shower.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative