Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, April 12

Zamboni

Things to laugh at:


2. And this lovely gem about driving. I heart number 4. Please read.

Today’s Exploit:

You remember that time? That time when I was in Dallas for that super-awesome dance? It was fun. But in order to be there for the dance I had to spend 10 hours doing other stuff in Dallas.

So I went to a mall. That sounds fun, right? Not so much when I remembered that I hate clothes shopping (I did find a spatula store, though) and I hate crowds.

Thus, after wandering around the 4 stories of the super-giant mall, I got bored and decided I wanted to ice skate.

Texas is kinda crazy and has ice skating rinks in most of the shopping malls I’ve been to. I don’t understand it. But I find it rather perplexing to see regular people skating in shorts and tank tops, I mean other than the Olympics. But even then they have to wear sweatpants and jackets on the sidelines.

I kinda wanted to go out on the rink and lay down, and hug the ice. Because it’s only March and it’s already at least 92 degrees outside. In my opinion I should still need a down jacket in March and I am not getting used to summers, even though this is my third one here. I Hate it. Capital H.

But I digress. I wanted to ice skate, so I went to my car for socks. Naturally I was wearing sandals because anything else would have caused a massive heat stroke. (During this trip my dad had his phone die while he was talking on it for the very first time. He asked me why the mall kept beeping, I had no idea.) But, naturally, by the time I got back to the ice rink it had been taken over by 567 6th graders. Who had probably never seen ice before, except during the last Super Bowl when they got 8 inches of snow.

So I sighed a super-ginormous sigh and went and got some French fries. Then I sat and watched the kids totter and fall and drag themselves around the ice by the handrail. It was tragic.

Until the mini-zamboni came out.

This is what I want for Christmas.  Or maybe Grandparents' Day.  It would be a good Grandparents' Day gift.

That was super-awesome. I am in love. And my dad wants one. I think he’d try to zamboni the lake with it. It would be so much easier than trying to shovel the durn thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link-back! Glad you enjoyed it. And, to be honest, if you found and stole a mini-zamboni, you and I would be best friends forever.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative