Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, April 5

I Was Attacked By Irises

Last night I met Cody. Cody is a little fuzzy dog that decided it would be much more fun to listen to my instructions instead of his person’s.

Maybe I can adopt Cody while I’m in town, and give him back when I leave. Would that be an ok deal?

Today’s Exploit:

I went dancing. In Fort Worth. PS They had a live band. Check out Route 66.

But that’s a story for another day. Today’s feature is flowers at the Southside Preservation Hall.

While I was walking around trying to figure out where I was, and maybe looking for a door, I came across the irises. I almost missed the dance because I was so amazed by these things.

First I saw all the purple ones. All different color purples.


Then I saw the white ones with the funny skinny petals.


But then. Then I noticed the stars. These things were monsters. As big as my hand, obviously. The ones we had in our Saratoga back yard were about a third this size, I think. It’s been a while since I’ve seen those ones.


They were so big that they were falling over, the stalks couldn’t hold one flower. And most of them had 3 or four more buds ready to bloom tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative