Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, April 28

I Thought You Might Want To Call Some Time

The roughnecks called and said the computer got unplugged, and they needed the screen to keep drilling. So I got all my gear on and went up to the dog house and asked.

“Is it really unplugged? Or are you lying again?”

I’m on to them. But it turns out the computer really was unplugged. As for unintentional or not, I don’t know.

Today’s Exploit:

Recently I had to go up to the rig floor to fix the computer. On my way back to the box I passed through the parts room to get to the stairs. One of the roughnecks was in there and he stopped me.

Chris: Hey, babe. How are you?

Me: Fine, just fixing the computers.

Chris: Well, I wrote down my number for you, if you want. I enjoy talking to you.

Me: Oh, thanks. (I’ve only talked to him once before, and that was about carrying the tool)

Chris: We should keep in touch for the company.

Me: Ok, I’d better get back to the computers.

Chris: Bye babe, I’ll talk to you later.

I tucked the paper into my pocket and laughed all the way back to my chair. That was probably the awesome-est way anyone’s ever given me their number. Usually they ask for mine and call my phone so I can save theirs in the contact list.

Also? Sorry Chris, but I don’t really like talking on the phone. I’m socially inept like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative