Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, April 25

The Adventures of Myrtle

On Cake Wrecks one of the Sunday Sweets was a cake based on The Wee Free Men! It was awesome. Go look:


Wee Free Men Cake

PS I just discovered that they are making a Wee Free Men movie. For 2013. Too bad the world is going to end before it comes out.

Today’s Exploit:

Myrtle’s second big adventure was the day I decided she needed to be an outdoor plant.

Like I said, she’s a trouper.

I say it all the time, but it’s freaking hot down here. And I thought that my mint should live outside.

So I put her on a nice safe corner of the porch where she wouldn’t get knocked around by the door, or someone kicking her. Also she was off the ground and probably safe from the pack of savage dogs that roams this location.

Those dogs, they’d probably smother Myrtle in an attempt to get her to pet them. And the little one with the green head would wiggle her to death in excitement over some attention.

Back to my story. I put Myrtle out and then I went to bed. When I got up in the afternoon I got ready for a run and walked out the door to find her so wilted she was almost melting.

I immediately picked her up and took her inside apologizing for being so stupid to leave her out in the misery that is Texas during the middle of summer. I should have thought about that first. I probably would have looked even worse than Myrtle if I made myself sit outside in the sun all day. Poor buddy.

So she went back to residing on the microwave inside the air conditioned trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative