Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, April 29

Myrtle Strikes Again

I’ve been doing this workout for 11 days now and I still don’t have six-pack abs. What’s up with that? That’s why I’m doing this nonsense.

Today’s Exploit:

After Myrtle’s frightening day in the sun she sat on the microwave for nearly a week. In the dark. Because oilfield people are afraid of the sun, apparently. They have all the windows in the entire trailer covered with cardboard and aluminum foil

First she grew really long and leaned a lot so that she could get closer to the smidgen of light that gets into the trailer between the cracks. So I turned her a few times to keep her mostly upright. Then she got so long I decided to cut her back, because she was mostly stems and almost no leaves.

I stuck the tops in water, so all is not lost.

And I kept turning her, but her big leaves began to droop. They were almost vertical when I got smart and took her to the box, where the windows are open. And she gets sunlight nearly all day.

Guess what?

The leaves were back up within 23.5 hours.

I think she’s in her happy place now.

I hate to have to tell her she needs to live in Starla for another long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative