Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, October 5

What I Learned Today

I went and bought a cheap travel mug last night.
I was tired of fighting for and/or cleaning mold out of the one mug in the trailer.  
Now I have one that’s “burnt orange” with the goofy lid and the rubber band around the middle (that’s supposed to look like a cardboard sleeve) to make it look like it came from a swanky coffee shop.  
Today’s Exploit:
Yesterday one of the guys in my trailer, the one who never has anything good or upbeat to say, walked by and said:
“Well, on the bright side, the trailer’s so old that the formaldehyde is probably gone.”
I was a bit stunned.  My first thought was science class and pickled animals floating in green tinted fluid in jars.  And that smell...
I thought maybe he was talking about asbestos, but that didn’t seem right either.
So I had to look it up.  
I never knew formaldehyde was used in particle board, or drapes, or paint.
I just imagined it would smell too terrible to use in a home.  
So.  That was my new thing learned for today.  What’s up for tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative