Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, October 29

They Sent the New Guy

I think someone stole my shirt.  A dirty, muddy, sweaty shirt.  
Gross.
Either that or I lost it,  which is probably more likely.  I just can't figure out when it happened.


Now I’m down to 3, which means laundry every day. 
Today’s Exploit:
I got a new trainee.
I don’t think this one had ever seen a rig before.
And sometimes he gets completely caught up in an idea that really has no bearing on this job.  And won’t let it go while I try to tell him something important.  
Also, he’s a foot taller than me and big and scary.  So I can’t yell at him to listen.
Not really.  
But he is tall.
Mostly I try to answer his questions briefly and then go back to what I was trying to explain in detail to begin with.  
I’m not really sure what to do with him.  Mostly they send me people who have been on another rig, with someone who knows what they’re doing.  So they already have an idea of what is important and what can be left for later.  
I don’t know if I’m the best teacher...
I hope he’s getting the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative