Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, October 12

Myrtle’s New ‘Do

I ran 7 miles yesterday.  
It only took me 68.55 minutes.
That was an epic moment.
Today’s Exploit:
Right after I moved my things to San Marcos I went HOME for the weekend.  
I had to leave Myrtle on the counter, where she got lots of light, because I didn’t think TSA would look kindly at me taking her as a carry-on.  
I made sure she had plenty of water and told her I’d be back Sunday.
But then we missed our flight.  So I didn’t get back until Monday.  
Myrtle forgave me when I watered her right away.  She was still contented when I checked her Tuesday, so I left her to enjoy the sunshine.
Wednesday they called me to a job.  
I had plenty of time, so I unpacked a few more things, and tried to organize the never-ending succession of “Kitchen” boxes.  Then I packed up my RIG boxes and headed out to my next work adventure.  
The next morning I realized that my window in the box looked strangely empty.  
I left Myrtle sitting on my kitchen counter.  
I went home on my casing break, 4 days later.  
She wasn’t quite so willing to forgive me.  She was limp and wilty and a bit pale.
So I watered her and fussed over for a few days.  
The limpness went away, but she persisted in being unnaturally pale.  
Finally I gave up and gave her a haircut.  
Now, instead of a 5.2” messy tangle, she has a neat and tidy 2.05 inch-somewhat tame ‘do.  
And she’s green again.  
I think I’m well on my way to getting back into her good graces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative