Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, October 6

Complaining is Contagious

I’m making Smashed Roasted Garlic Bread.  My fingers are going to smell like garlic for a week.
Today’s Exploit:
I believe I mentioned I’m living with 400 people right now?  We’re packed into that grimy trailer like sardines. 
Smells like a sardine tin also, but that’s beside the point.
One of the guys in the trailer is not happy about anything.
And he wants everyone within a 3.7 mile radius to know.  
Also, he knows everything.  
A know-it-all complainer.  A loud one.  That means that no one is aloud to sleep if he can think of anything to say.  And he can always think of something to say.  He doesn’t even need acknowledgement from another being.  As long as he knows there’s someone within almost-hearing distance he can go on and on and on.
After about a week of listening to this guy, no one being able to get a word in edgewise, I noticed it.  
Everyone else started in on the complaints.  
Mostly it was about the complainer, but it’s hard to withstand all that negativism.
I even caught myself complaining more than usual.  
So I made a seriously stellar effort to cut back on the random complaints, and tried to avoid everyone else that seemed in the complaining mood.  
Luckily I’ve got my box to retreat to. 
And Solitaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative