Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, October 14

They Try To Make Things Harder Than They Are

Boys are not good at re-stocking the toilet paper roll.
Today’s Exploit:
Today I had to change a sensor, so I called to the rig floor to ask them to shut down the pumps and send someone to close the valve in the drill line.  I didn’t want to get a mud-shower.  
I got my replacement sensor and the tools to change it.  But by the time I got to my old sensor 4 roughnecks were trying to take the sensor base off.
I yelled for them to stop, and they all looked at me blankly.   
Me:  I only need to change this piece!
RN1:  You don’t need the whole thing off?
Me:  No, I just need to take this protector piece off.
RN2:  It comes apart there?  
Me:  Yep, just have to take out these bolts and then take the sensor off.  
RN4:  Wow!
So we took off the protector.  They wouldn’t let me do any of the work, as usual.
Then Number 3 started looking for a wrench.  
RN3:  Do you have a smaller one, thinner?
Me: What?
RN3:  It doesn’t work, it’s too big.
Me:  Oh.  
I took it off by hand.  
Number 3 looked really embarrassed, and Numbers 1, 2 and 4 laughed at him as he proceeded to take the sensor off and give all of us a mud-shower.  
PS Oil based mud smells really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative