Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, October 30

Packing a Mountain into a Molehill

I’ve been a slacker lately.  
Also, I’ve been too busy to find something funny to write about.  And when I’m not too busy I fall asleep in my chair.
Today’s Exploit:
I went to Oklahoma City one last time.
I had to pack the last few items I left at that apartment and clean the floors and make sure none of the counters had egg yolk cemented to them.
Just kidding.  I’m good at cleaning up the egg yolk before it turns into cement.  Mostly I had to pack and vacuum.  
First I pulled everything from the rooms into the living room.  
Then I covered my eyes and went to find my vacuum so that I could procrastinate the packing part.  
I vacuumed the two bedrooms and the kitchen and the dining room.  
I took a load of things to the Salvation Army while Starla was still empty and went to the store for lunch and Swiffer scrubbies for my kitchen and bathrooms.
After I had lunch sitting on the newly cleaned dining room floor, while shielding my eyes from the pile that was in the living area, I got out the scrubbies and made those floors squeaky clean.  
I was still trying to avoid the hill in the living room, so I borrowed a dolly from the office and took my desk to the dumpster.  I got there just as a nice man was driving by looking for salvageable items.  He liked the desk, so I helped him pack it into his truck.  
When I took the dolly back to the office, I also took a toy dolly for the office manager’s daughters.  Because it hadn’t been out of it’s box in at least 9.72 years.  
Then the only thing left to do was face the mountain.  
I went back inside and nearly cried.  
Then I decided to be tough and take even more stuff to the Salvation Army.  Cause I drive a Civic.  Only so much junk will fit...
The Salvation Army guy was really excited about the vacuum.  
After that I went back, took a deep breath, and started toting stuff down to Starla.  
It was super-engineering to organize all that stuff to fit economically into a small space.  
It was a work of art.
I couldn’t see out the back window.
BUT I DID IT!  
And then I turned in some keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative