Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, October 7

He Did Try to Keep Up

Debbie Downer went home.  Maybe everyone else will be a bit more cheerful now.  
Maybe cookies will help.  
Today’s Exploit:
One of the mud loggers claims he used to run a lot.  And he wants to get back into shape.  
So I told him I was always happy to have company on my runs.  
So he asked me to wait and went to change.  
I was a bit amazed.  Mostly the guys that say things like that are all talk and won’t actually go with me.
But Pat went with me.  In the wind and dust and, later, downpour.  
We ran .748 miles, and walked the rest of the 3 mile trip.  It was very soggy.
The next day he was ready before I got back to the trailer.  
So we took off again.  Pat said he wanted to make it at least a mile.  The last third he spent wheezing, hacking and choking.  But he made it a mile.  
I tried not to ask to often if he was ok, guys are goofy and get offended if you do that.  
I let him walk.
After half a mile told him that I was going to run some more.  I ran the rest of the 3.2 miles to the guard shack and turned around.  On the way back I caught him where we’d stopped running and I walked the last mile with him.  
He limped the whole way, and the rest of the night.
Later he told me he might have to start running every other day, until he was in a bit better shape.
I’ve run alone since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative