Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, October 10

Ruined with Cheese

It’s raining buckets and buckets of water.
I am now living in a swimming pool.
Today’s Exploit:
The other day, after two long stressful days with little to no sleep, I really wanted a hamburger.  
Really.
So I drove the 48 minutes to the nearest town only to discover that their restaurant was closed.  
My option was the gas station, or the everything-and-then-some convenience store.  
I chose the everything-and-then-some place, because they made hamburgers.  I went in and ordered one.  A hamburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard.  Then I went and got a cup of grapefruit and some cranberry juice and waited.
They called my number and I picked up  my order and went to find a table.
I opened my burger to find the worst possible scenario.  
They put CHEESE on it.
I was so exhausted and irritated that I couldn’t take it back and have it fixed.  So I pouted and ate my grapefruit.  
Then I took the defiled burger outside and fed it to the poor dog that was hanging around hoping for some attention.  And some food.  It looked like it hadn’t eaten anything but a bug in the last 7 months.  
The poor thing was so excited for some food it nearly knocked me over trying to get to the second bite.  But it was patient enough with me to let me stick my hand in it’s mouth to retrieve the paper wrapper it stole in its excitement.
While I went and washed my hands the dog cleaned up any scrap of food I may have dropped.  
Except the tomato.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative