Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, October 15

Pat Got a Bicycle

Last night I made creamy pesto pasta with balsamic chicken.  
Today’s Exploit:
After 2 days of running with me Pat decided he should start out with every other day.  
Then he decided he’d get a bicycle, so that he could work up to running every day.  It took him 2 .3 weeks to finally buy the bike he wanted.  
It spent another 3.4 days in the back of his truck and 2.7 in his bedroom.  I think it shared his bed.
But yesterday he took it out, and took the paper advertisements off the wheels.  And then he went outside.
When I went out to start my run, 5.3 minutes later, he was sitting by his truck.  
I guess he’d been waiting for me, because he grabbed the bike and followed me.  We got to the cattle gap (hehe) and I started running while he got on the bicycle.  
He decided that riding just behind me, so that I could barely see him in my peripheral vision, was a good place.  Not beside me, or ahead of me.  Just barely behind me.  He stayed there for 2 miles, until I had to walk a bit.  
I was ready to turn around, so he went on ahead.  
After a couple minutes of walking I got going back to the rig.  
The plus side of Pat riding just behind me was dropping 4 minutes of my normal 4 mile time.  That’s only 30 seconds from my target time per mile.  It also made the last mile really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative