Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, June 2

Today I'm Marley

I went running this morning. Little Buddy came with me. Usually this is not a problem unless she leaves with someone before I go, and I catch her. Then she gets really excited and jumps on me and tries to make me fall down. Today, though, I decided to do some agility moves. Cutting from side to side, for example, or shuffling to one side and turning that into a sprint forward or backward. Little Buddy thought these were fun. She really wanted to be between my feet when I tried to change direction or behind me when I backpedaled. I used to think she was scared of feet.

Today’s Exploit:

The other day I was sitting in the safety meeting, minding my own business and twiddling my thumbs. I happened to look up at Joe, a company man.

Joe: I’m sorry Marley; I shouldn’t be talking about going home. You don’t get breaks like us.

Me: Haha (I had no idea what you were talking about.)

Joe: Well, I’ll wait to talk about it later…nanana Nana na na na Ma nama na…

(This is where Lee, another company man, catches my attention and raises an eyebrow. I shrug. Meaning: I thought your name was PJ. Why, yes it is, but I answer to whomever is looking at me while talking)

Later on the radio:

Joe: Pick up, Marley

Me: Yes? (muffled by laughter)

Joe: Oh, wait. That’s another rig. You’re PJ. What was the TVD for that last survey?

Me: (I’m glad you cleared that up. I had forgotten who and where I was) 5438.91

Joe: …ks

These guys haven’t learned that you have to press the mic a couple seconds before their voice transmits. I’ve gotten a few calls that sound like this:

Caller: …ay
Silence

Caller: PEE JAY. With. Schlumberger.

Me: Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative