Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, June 22

Hugs

At the safety meeting last night the main conversation was the new dog at the rig. It is ‘a very pretty German Shepherd’. And ‘very well trained’.

Why couldn’t it be well trained when I was trying to get it to go home? Why couldn’t it be well trained when it met Little Buddy, rather than attacking her? Darn dogs.

Today’s Exploit:

This morning I was running around like crazy trying to get paperwork done for a new run. I went to see the directional drillers, Glen and Glenn, to get a list of the tools we would be using. Both of them were up, bickering over everything they could.

I gave them the dimensions for my tool and visited for a while. In that time they argued over lengths of the tools, the bit they wanted to use, and where to take surveys.

I finally left to do some more work, and 3.2 minutes later they called me back asking the distances to my sensors. I had to return to get lengths of pieces between the bit and my tool.

Glen: The distance from bit to the end of your tool has decreased two feet, so is the sensor length two feet less?

Me: Not necessarily.

Glenn: Sheesh, you expect her to calculate that right here?

Me: Can you print the BHA so that I can enter it?

Glen: No, the computer crashed so we had to get the backup. Then the printer crashed and we don’t have the driver to install it on this computer. And the internet is down so we can’t download it.

Me: Can you print it to PDF on a memory card so that I can take it?

Glenn: First of all he’d have to know how to print to PDF..

Glen: I was going to do that…

Glenn: Click on file, then print. He has Alzheimer’s, I have to remind him sometimes.

Glen: Don’t listen to him.

Glenn: He and Johnny sometimes wander off and I have to go guide them back. They usually end up picking flowers in the forest.

Me: Haha

Somehow the conversation then gravitated to hugs.

Glen: There’s no hugging and no crying in the oilfield

Glenn: We could all have a group hug!

Glen: (To me) I would be okay with hugging you. But group hugs do not belong in the oilfield. I will never hug him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative