Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, June 7

All About Antelope

This weekend I got to go home. It was the first time since my birthday! I went with Cupcake to see the John Butler Trio at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. It was brilliant, and we made some crazy new friends. Then we spontaneously got tickets to La Roux. That was lots of fun, but instead of making friends we got pushed around by adolescent girls.

It was a good workout, though. In addition to climbing the stairs at Red Rocks 4.7 times, we hiked up the street to the Ogden Theatre twice. And we stood/danced the entire time for both concerts.

Today’s Exploit:

After the concerts we drove to Laramie, and finally some cooler weather. I got to go with my parents on a drive to Lake Marie. I threw snowballs and shivered. Then we got ice cream

On the way up my mom saw a field with dandelions.

Mom: Look at the dandelions!

Dad: There are some dandy antelope, too.

Me: Haha.

Mom: The dandelions must be stalking the dandy antelope.

Me: I think in this case the dandy antelope are probably stalking the dandelions.

Mom and Dad: Hahahahahahaha!

The next morning, since we didn’t have time to go skiing before I flew back to the seventh circle of hell (also known as summertime in Texas), I went for a run while my dad rode his bike.

Thirteen steps into the “real” run, after we got off the pavement, I heard a funny noise.

The Mystery: Pththfffttt

Me: What was that?

Dad: A bird?

Me: It sounded like your elephant impression.

Dad: It did!

The Mystery: Pththffftttphft

Dad: There’s an antelope over there, maybe that’s what it was.

Me: Maybe. (I wasn’t wearing my corrective lenses, so it looked like more dirt and rocks. Maybe a bush)

The run continued and my traitorous lungs tried to make me turn around at least every 2.45 minutes. My ankles held up nicely, though. The trail had lots of loose rocks.

We were almost back when we heard it again

The Mystery: Pththfffttt

Dad: It was an antelope!

Me: Hunh.

Dad: I’ve never heard an antelope before!

Me: Me either…pant, gasp.

My lungs: Stop right now! Or I’ll never work again!

Update: My lungs are still rebelling. They’re pretending that it’s my shoulder muscles that hurt. But I’m on to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative