Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 18

Snake!

Last night I was sitting on the rig floor, out of the way, watching the roughnecks work. I try to stay out of the way, but close enough that I can see what is happening. Every so often I’ll pick up something new. While I was watching one of the company men came out.

Co. Man: You’re watching pretty intently, do you want to be pulling slips?

Me: Yes!

Co. Man: No you don’t.

Me: …..

Today’s Exploit:

A few days ago I went riding in “the Jeep” with Logan looking for mud. All of these boys like taking vehicles, jacking them up, putting gigantic wheels on them and getting them muddy.

This translates to getting stuck, thus getting very dirty.

So, naturally we got stuck.

I was closer to dry land, so I jumped out first. Logan dug around the back until he found the control for his winch. In the mean time I was examining our situation. The jeep was in mud that probably would have come up to my knees.

He finally found the control and opened his door.

There was a snake coiled on the little island in the mud pit.

It was a huge snake, and vicious and threatening, and hungry. And it was Going To GET US! It was actually about three inches across all wound up. But neither of us knew what kind it was so we avoided it. We got the winch wrapped around a tree, and I was sent back to the jeep to put it into gear.

We got free without any problem. I give the credit to my amazing skills in letting out the clutch while the winch was winding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative