Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, June 14

You Should Know

When I was home, my mom wanted to do a “Photo Shoot”. She and my dad both had cameras and took as many pictures as they could. This resulted in many ridiculous pictures and my dad calling me: “you older lady”. My sister was thrilled. I was offended.

Today’s Exploit:

Last night I was the number-one-all-star roughneck. They decided that my tool wasn’t being fast enough, so they wanted to change it out. That means pulling all the pipe and racking it back. It looks like a forest of steel trees with very little foliage right at the very top. The roughnecks decided to blame me for the misfortune of extra work. Billy Joe and Juan decided that my punishment would be to pull slips and make 40 cupcakes.

Slips are the very heavy wedges that go between the pipe and the outside of the well. They keep the pipe from falling back to the bottom. I’ve posted a picture of them here. They are very heavy and rather unwieldy.

I was finally able to get into a pattern pulling slips, getting out of the way for them to rack the pipe, and then numbering it to double check the hole depth and to make sure they had as much as they thought. It was then that Billy Joe decided to start working. He was the one that hassled me the most about “roughnecking”, and then he came and took my job.

Me: Hey!

Billy Joe: Take a break; I’m afraid they’ll give my job to you.

Me: Fine.

Then he tried to start numbering them, too!

Me: Hey! You already took one of my jobs, don’t be taking my other.

Billy Joe: Oh, sorry. I thought you weren’t doing that anymore, you were so slow.

Me: Humph!

Later, when they got to the heavyweight pipe they started over again on the numbering system.

Billy Joe: This one is one.

Me: Ok, thanks.

Billy Joe: The next one is two.

Me: Really? I was a little confused, you had me all discombobulated after making fun of me all night.

Billy Joe: Discon-what-ulation?

Me: Discombobulated.

Billy Joe: You can’t use words like that around roughnecks!

Me: Haha! See what you get for making fun of my numbering skills?

Billy Joe: It goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and don’t you forget that!

Logan: Billy Joe, draw an arrow down and write Agitator on the last one.

Billy Joe: PJ, write agitator on that one.

Me: Writing

Billy Joe: I’m glad you wrote it, I didn’t know how to spell agitator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative