Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, June 10

I Saved the Day, Twice!

I went and explored the rig today. I watched the roughnecks fix a motor on one of the shakers, and I watched them clean the rig floor. I also decided to be really compulsive and clean out and organize our kit box and logging unit.

Today’s Exploit:

While I was cleaning and singing at the top of my lungs (because no one can hear me but Little Buddy, and she pretends she can’t) the motor man came in and asked me if I had tweezers. He had a lock with a key broken inside. I think he may be more compulsive than me, and in order for the world to be right he had to get the key out of the lock.

So I went and dug around in my car for a while. I discovered that I have three homemade first aid kits in there. I may have to consolidate. In the end I found my surgical tweezers by catching my finger on them. They are quite sharp. But I saved the day!

While I was watching the lock surgery another roughneck came in and told us about a bug bite he’d gotten. I understand it was from a grasshopper. He didn’t want to tell the company man because then he’d probably have to go see a doctor. Lucky for him in my searches for tweezers I’d seen some insect bite and sting relievers. So I went and dug around until I located them again. I saved the day, again!

Now I’m known as the local Jack-of-all-trades. So far I have Doctor, Baker, and MWD. But soon I’ll be able to add Motor-Repair-Person to that list. They have to fix another shaker motor and they’re going to let me play, as soon as it arrives on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative