Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, June 11

One in the Eye

Today it rained. A lot. It had pretty much stopped when I went to the safety meeting, but it was still drizzling a little. After the meeting I was behind Billy Joe as we walked out. He stopped at the door and just looked out for 37 seconds, assessing the weather.

Me: Are you afraid of the rain?

Billy Joe: I might melt!

Me: Are you made of sugar?

Billy Joe: No, I’m too sour for that.

Me: Hahaha

Today’s Exploit:

This place must have something in the water to make some monstrous flies. It also has something in the air that makes me think that they won’t bother me quite as much today.

A few days ago I was running along and decided to take a little break and walk for a few seconds. I took a step and something caught my eye. I looked down and there they were… eight of the biggest flies I HAD EVER SEEN! I think they were as big as my thumb! And they all wanted to eat me! I tried turning really fast to confuse them, but they were not deterred. They followed my poor calves like they were on leashes. I ran really fast for the rest of that outing.

Today the flies were kamikaze flies. The first one attacked me when I was looking to my right at a section of pipeline. It flew right INTO MY EYE. I turned my head so fast to escape the torture that my shoulders went with it, and my hips followed causing my knee to swing into the path of the other and making me nearly to trip over my own feet.

Just as I regained my balance another attacked my ear. It buzzed around for 0.26 seconds, until I could swat it out. I was very tempted to kill it, but then I probably would have gotten FLY GUTS IN MY EAR! Eew.

A few others put on their kamikaze hats, too, but none were as successful as those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative