Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, June 15

He Can See the Future

It turns out Billy Joe is a barber, disguised as a roughneck. Recently all the guys out here have wanted haircuts. So they disappear for about 30 minutes to the magic little barber shop. When they come back, I like to tease Billy Joe about being the local professional beautician. He gets a little defensive when I said that.

Me: So, you’re the local beautician?

Billy Joe: No! I’m a BARBER. I don’t style hair, I just cut it.

Me: Haha.

Billy Joe: (A little embarrassed) I do know how to dye though, I had to do it to get my certification.

I guess I teased him more than I thought because later I was sitting in my box when I heard the door latch move. I went and opened the door to find two shadows scrambling to get away and Chris telling me that those two tried to lock me in. Billy Joe, Knap and Chris had tied a rope to the handle in an attempt to prevent the door from opening.

Locking the door is far easier than they realize, but I’m not about to tell them that.

Today’s Exploit:

Last night I was sitting in the dog house listening to several guys talk about riding motorcycles and rock crawling and mudding. Logan tried futilely to convince me that motorcycles are safe and I should not only try riding one, but buy his.

After arguing for a while we progressed to mudding. They found out that I had never been. Billy Joe, who apparently thinks he is God, told us that Logan would take me in the morning. He also told us that if I complained that Logan would kick me out of the jeep and make me walk back.

Later I was writing some notes on my computer for later posts when Billy Joe came up and asked to see what I was writing about, and if it was about going mudding.

Billy Joe:  Are you writing about going out in the jeep? Let me read it.

Me:  No way. I cant’ write about something that hasn’t happened yet! It’s just notes.

Billy Joe:  I want to read about the future!

Me:  I thought you could see the future.

Billy Joe:  I just wanted to make sure I haven’t lost my touch.

Logan:  Just sits and watches us bicker, with a half smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative