Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, June 16

Inside Out

This morning I decided to just take a short walk. Little Buddy went with me, as usual. She chased a few of the trucks as the guys left. They all went really fast because they get to go home today.

On the way back she was nosing around in the grass. The grass is pretty tall right now, and it nearly hides her. All of a sudden she took off, running as fast as she could through the grass. When it finally petered out she stopped and came back to me, dripping.

I think she preferred this method of bathing to being tortured in a bathtub with running water.

Today’s Exploit:

Last night I was walking across the location when Uncle Mike came up to me. He asked me what was happening on the rig floor. He’d seen the company men, the toolpusher and the directional driller all go up there in a hurry. I didn’t know, so we and another roughneck went up to investigate. We were halfway up the stairs when we heard a loud clang and the rig started rocking.

Mike turned to us:  We’re stuck!

We all went inside to join the party watching Logan jar on the pipe to free it. A few minutes later Billy Joe and Knapp came in to see. While we were all sitting there the toolpusher, Chris, challenged us to turn Styrofoam cups inside out without cracking the bottom. I thought they were trying to trick me, so I just watched for a while.

Apparently it’s possible, and we went through half a stack of cups in our attempts. Billy Joe finally succeeded after about seven cups. He was very proud of it. He filled it with water and tromped around the location showing it to everyone. I got one inside out, but it leaked a little.

The hard part, after they got started, was finishing it. The tops of the cups are thicker than the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative