Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, May 31

Little Buddy

Today I made some cookies. They were Brownie Cookies. They were gone fast. I took them to the safety meeting today, so everyone could have some and they went through about three dozen in 20 minutes.

At the same safety meeting the guys were feeling rather spunky. They were being goofy and teasing each other, and playing footsie (footsey?). It was strange. Roughnecks make a point of appearing big and tough and masculine. And today they were flirting.

Of course, they blamed the cookies. They claimed that I doped them.

Today’s Exploit:

Today’s topic is Little Buddy. That’s what I call the dog because no one ever told me a name. Then last night the Mud Logger came over to look at my computers. Little Buddy had come in and was sleeping in the corner. He called her Charlie.

He talked to her, and called her so he could pet her, and said he had treats for her. She came and sat on my feet.

This seems to happen regularly. The guys will call her and try to get her attention. She’ll wag her tail and follow me. I don’t know why she likes me better, I torture her.

• I ignore her

• I have only fed her once, the guys feed her daily

• I bop her on the nose when she gets in my trash

• I won’t pet her because I watched her roll on an Armadillo carcass

• I cornered her to put flea powder on her, because watching her makes me itch

• I made her take a bath because I watched her roll on an Armadillo carcass

Yet I can walk across the site and she’d rather follow me, ignoring her, than go see the guy over there, offering her food.

PS I just watched 3 roughnecks gather around Little Buddy and rub her belly. The bath must be paying off.

PPS Mom and Cupcake: read this and tell me what part reminds you of us. (Sunshine, Harry Potter, Stephanie Plum…)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative